Board of Governors
As a Governing Body we are committed to contributing more effectively to monitoring and evaluating the school’s work. The key issues for us as a school are:
- Raising pupil’s attainment and continuing to accelerate their progress across the school.
- Increasing substantially the proportion of good or outstanding teaching. .
- Improving the effectiveness of leadership and management at all levels.
- Developing the prayer and liturgical life of the school.
- Improving and monitoring the learning environment.
- The Governing Body is responsible for the overall monitoring and evaluation of these issues and supporting the school to raise standards
Membership of the Governing Body
The members oif the Governing Body and the number of meetings they have attended during the 2015-16 school year, plus the terms of reference of the governors committees can be found below:
Clerk to the Governors
Governor Business Interests
Governors are asked to declare any relevant business interests, whether they are governors at any other educational establishments and, finally, whether they have any relationships with the School Staff.
Peter Kayes is an Education consultant for Reading Borough Council. Peter is also a Governor at Reading Girls School, Redlands Primary School and The Ridgeway Primary School.
Margot Buller is the Executive Head at St Anne’s & St Martin’s Primary Schools
Micaela Doran is a Parent Governor at St Martin’s Catholic Primary School
Karen Ind works for Reading Borough Council
Teresa Jones is an Associate member of St Martin’s Governing Body.
Sarah Shortt is an Associate Trainer with Reading Borough Council. Sarah is also a Governor at Micklands Primary School and Denefield School
Liz Woodhouse is with Unison Trade Union and also an Associate Trainer with Reading Borough Council . Liz is a Governor at Wilson Primary School.
No Governor has any relationship with School Staff
Agendas and Minutes of the Interim Executive Board and Shadow Board
If you wish to see or obtain copies of the agendas and minutes of Interim Executive Board or Shadow Board meetings, please contact the Clerk, Sue Witten via the school office
Parents and Carers of children at St Anne’s can comment on our school at anytime during the school year. Go to parentview.ofsted.gov.uk
If you want to talk to a Governor or you have any questions for us then please contact us via the school office.